Saturday, January 22, 2011

NTBI #6

Certainly didn't take too long for me to do something odd again.

#6: Cutting my hair

Now, quite obviously, my father would be extremely pleased to see this. He was never fond of me having long hair, and the only reason he tolerated it at all when I had a ponytail was 1) he had pretty much given up on convincing me to cut it off, and 2) I was in Japan, so he didn't have to see the ponytail everyday.

While my hair hadn't grown to quite that same length since I cut my hair way back in June before church retreat (yes, Jebra, that's why you didn't know I had a ponytail), it was getting to be at a length that would be frowned upon in most schools in Singapore. Most of the time, my hair doesn't bother me too much, even when playing basketball. But there was one event that made me really desire to have a high slope cut just like when I was in the army: my hair kept blocking my view when I was cleaning my house.

Stop laughing, please. I *do* clean my house every now and then. Whenever the piles of paper start to make me upset, or when the dust balls start becoming sentient, whichever comes first.

So I decided to go cut my hair. However, I did not quite realize how much my hair protected my ears from the cold. I was thinking, 'seriously, how much warmth does my hair give my ears?'

Well, I found out that it actually does provide quite a lot of warmth, because the moment I stepped out of the barber shop, my ears felt like little icicles of cold were doing their best to make my ears get frostbite. And this is in Tokyo, where the temperature tends to hover between 5 and 10 degrees.

So now children, remember that if it's winter, and your hair is long, wait a little longer till when it's warmer to get a haircut.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA :D