Saturday, November 27, 2004

Averages

There's the good news, and then, there's the bad news. Let's just start off on the whole thing.

Bad news: My passport will have to be manufactured in the US of A, as compared to last time when the US embassy could make one in a couple of hours. So, if I did go and get my passport changed on account of my signature, it would take 10 days to 2 weeks for the thing to come back, meaning that it wouldn't arrive in time for Kong Kong. They can issue a temp. passport for immediate travel, but I can't put stamps on that, and I need a re-entry stamp to return to Singapore after that.

Good news: I can sign back my old signature! haha... Must be cos the way I sign was imprinted, so that even though I hardly use the style of signature anymore, it wasn't as hard as I imagined it to be.

Good news: I changed my ATM card. As some of you know, my old ATM card had a massive crack next to the magnetic strip that extended almost halfway down. And while that did not knock the card out of commision, I certainly did not want to encounter a situation where I needed it to work, and the crack failed me...

Good news: Went to church to help out in the Bible Sports Programme... It was nice to be able to meet up with all the guys and gals of Youth Min who were helping out. (I also got dragooned in cos Mum was helping out) So it was nice to be able to just chill out around there.

Bad news: Some of the kids were rowdy. And I mean traumatizingly rowdy... And despite the fact that I am usually a nice guy (it's true ok! Don't give me that look!), I had to help them manage the kids. And I probably earned a rep as a "fierce uncle", thanks to the fact that I had to threaten and scold them, and also to Yongling, who told the to "Listen to Uncle Daniel".. But the kids were traumatizing... I'm scared of having to help out like that again... For the whole story, you can talk to me, or Raymund Mok, or Amanda, or anyone who was there...

Good news: Not all the kids were rowdy. Some were downright nice. Like during lunch, there was this child(Ann) who was sitting with us (Rachel, Huimin, Sulwyn, Jess and me) and she was just quietly eating fries, but she offered fries to us... haha.. I must be getting old, feeling all sentimental like that...

Good news: I got a new backpack. From the army market near Golden Mile Complex. And I didn't have to spend a bomb, as I had considered, cos I didn't buy anything from Sheares Tech. I mean they sell really good stuff, real quality, but a small pouch costs $50!! And anyway, most of the stuff looks good if you're in army fatigues, but you would look downright ridiculous if you were wearing civvies and carrying something like that..

Good news: I got to meet Auntie Eng and Uncle Bill! Old friends of parents, they came back from America to do something, and we went for dinner. It was nice to talk to them again, even though their son, Paul, whom we as kids usually play with, didn't come as he was still at NorthWestern...

Bad news: I think brother cannot go to Kong Kong. Cos parents not letting him. bother...

So overall, after averaging it out, that should have made this a good day, right?



No comments: