Monday, November 29, 2004

2 Decades On

Eventually, it had to happen. Like San San said, I'm no longer a teenager. A bit too old for that. Haha...

The day started well enough. I mean, I knew it was my birthday today, but it really kicked off when I went into the toilet in the morning, and saw a MAD book with "TO: DANIEL" written on a scrap of toilet paper... Only my brother would do something like that to me that early in the morning...

Before we left home, my parents gave me another present. So good right, can get presents like that...

Then go church, also quite happening... You actually won't believe the number of people who accepted that my birthday was on 31st November... haha.. really sorry guys... Some like Edmund noticed straight away that there was as much a 31st of November as there was a 30th February. Others like Cheryl, felt something was wrong, but just couldn't put their finger on it. And yet others... heh heh... let's not go around naming them, shall we?

Grace made me some jelly!! I was so touched... *sobs*

So anyway, had a time of sharing with Joshua, Brian and Linus. made me realize I'm actually very much of a loner... no like really close friends to hang out with regularly (see Vera and Joanne) heh...

Anyway, went up for service, then Yongling surprised me with her card as well as some stuff from Skye, whom I know from Sam's that concert a while back... So touched again... *sobs*

Worship was pretty good, then got to practice with Farand and Shaun and Caleb and Joy and Winnie and Jessica for Youth... Was fun, then the Youth Worship also quite happening... Then sign up for Kong Kong.... above 18 yrs liao, don't need parental consent... hahaha.... Now have agreed to meet Mindy and Cheryl on 021204 at around 0630 hrs to go up...

Went down for CG after that, and as they did during Sulwyn's birthday last month, they tried to surprise me by amking me sit in G3 and wait. Unfortunately for them, they turned off the fan too early, and I turned on the fan, then decided to go borrow the air-con controller from the office, and as I happily walked out, I bumped into the whole group of conspirators(Aggie, Jan, Sulwyn and Zoey) thus springing their ambush too early... haha... also cos Edmund and Reina didn't do a very good job of keeping me occupied...

Anyway, they forced me back into the room, and told me to act surprised, which I think I did pretty well... then after that they gave me a book and prayed for me... So touched... *sobs*

After which I really was surprised, cos Sam and Vera and Yongling and a whole other bunch of them came into the room with another piece of cake and sang happy birthday to me again... Even more touched *sobs*.. sam told me to "Make a fish" before I blew out the candle, and I think I made a pretty good fish out of a scrap of paper... haha...

So anyway, I am really grateful to God that despite the fact that I am still by nature, very much a loner, there are still that many people that actually bothered to remember my birthday... *Crying uncontrollably*.. It is a blessing to know you guys. Thanks for making my day... haha...

Cheerio

1 comment:

ArkAngel said...

Oh ya, I really must be getting old... i totally forgot to mention that San San joined us today, and was one of the co-conspirators mentioned...haha... thanks, and great to have you to join us again...