Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Yay...

Well, last week wasn't too bad. Nothing much happened, if you get my drift. I mean, we got to experience the wonders (read:horrors) of getting two battalions coming in at the same time, damn near killed us off man. Then there were the usual fracas (Is the plural of fracas fracases or fracii?) of last minute indents, and which my guys try to support, even though they hate having to support this sort of last minute things, since it means they are end up running around like headless chickens to please the whims of the upper echelons of the military. (Of course, they aren't always like that lah. Usually they're quite nice about it)

So like I was saying, it really was quite an uneventful week. Saturday went gaming with Daniel Lim, Jiehuai and Farand. Then headed to church for youth band prac. Then on Sunday, something happened. Something unbeliveable, unimaginable, something that caused a great deal of hurt and humiliation... COS I GOT A BLISTER ON THE MIDDLE FINGER OF MY RIGHT HAND FROM PLAYING THE BASS!!!! Augh!! I mean, I don't think I was plucking the string that hard, was I? Oh yeah, and Singapore won the Tiger Cup that night.

Today wasn't too bad either. Went to camp, helped out a bit with the heli ops training... OK, so I just went there and looked at the thing. Then went out to Mobil to settle some payment problem we had on Saturday, then back to camp. One thing that did happen was that I learnt that I really ought to watch my temper a bit.

I mean, most people think of me as a phlegmatic (Is that how it's spelt? I don't want people to think I'm a walking virus or something) sort of person. But today, I really lost my cool when I read a mail sent down from one of the senior trainers that said that the brigade commander was not happy with me for not supplying enough vehicles to the battalion and yadda yadda yadda... The senior trainer in question is not a bad person. In fact, he's been very supportive all the while I've known him, and the mail was not meant to be inflammatory. However, I still blew up over that thing, mainly cos at my end, I thought I was doing the brigade a favour by running around like a headless chicken to get what the brigade commander wanted, and then after that, he complain against me. So anyway, I wrote a mail back, which while wasn't exactly insubordinate, was certainly not terribly polite.

Anyway, I'm also grateful for another senior trainer, who was the voice of reason in the sea of chaos. He cleared up the air with regard to the whole incident, and he quickly calmed the whole situation down with his words of wisdom and clear focus. Certainly made me feel bad about lashing out in anger without really trying to understand the other party.

Yep. That more or less sums up the day. Went to Woodlands Stadium for some exercise with Paolo, Victor, Bethia, Calebs Leow and Leng, Jan and Frankie. Running wasn't too bad, 'cept for the last bit, in which I think I strained a muscle. (More like my entire upper leg muscle group, but that makes me sound like a sissy). Yep. Frankie led the PT after that, and I could only do a bit before that crampy feeling came upon me. You know, the kind where if you move your leg more in a certain direction, you know confirm the muscle will cramp up? Yeah. So I had to "fall out". That's what the amount of exercise I did, or rather, the lack of it, will lead to. Bummer.

Now I'm finishing off, with muscles that aren't quite functioning at 100% thanks to Frankie's regime, so if there are any typos in the entry, please understand. Haha.

Cheerio

No comments: