Saturday, December 11, 2004

Tired

Youth camp is over, so now have to prep to go back to the normal mundane life in army... such a bother...

Anyway, this was the first time that youth camp seemed to pass so quickly. Maybe is cos I got too much practice watching time fly in camp. Maybe it's cos it was such a fun time that time flew. But whatever the case, it seemed exceedingly short. Ha... Maybe it's cos I'm getting old...

Anyway, we got to meet new friends, and got to know some of the other youths better a bit. And got nice food, and played fun games and had nice music and etc etc...

The whole camp was pretty fun, but I personally feel that the best bit was when Jun Yong agreed to pray to receive Christ with Sam and Jarrell. The next best bit was when Leon showed positive signs. heh... As for the camp in detail, here goes

First day: Reached church a bit late, got to know my group ppl, then went up to play games in Bethel. Wasn't too bad, just that my ppl in camp got some problems here and there, and I got disturbed. Anyway, after that we went to Sembawang Park for a spot of games, and we did fishing... which I might add, is rather relaxing, and I actually have a mind to go and do it again some time. At night, Brian managed to get himself 6 stitches... kaoz eh...

Second day: Early in the morning had a briefing about the "Amazing Race" that we were supposed to have. Quite sian, cannot bring wallet, I feel sian already. Anyway, we went to town, and did some stuff. After that, we went to Labrador Park for some other games, was raining, and they gave us the wrong address to go to. So we waited for a while for the rain to stop. Then we walked to Carpark B. The scenery was nice, and had a time to catch up with Jessica, Jie, Eunice and a few other ppl. Played boogie at night, damn near kena killed by mosquito... got back, and got to bathe before knocking out.

Third day: Morning had to rush through breakfast cos got practice for the worship. Then we headed to Wild Wild Wet. It wasn't a sunny day, actually rather cold if you asked me, but it wasn't too bad. Though the place was a little smaller than what I expected. Had quite a good time playing with friends. After that we went back and got ready for Omega Night. Forerunner came down courtesy of Sam, and they put up quite a good performance/worship, though I wish we could have done like a stupid comedy thingy like we always do...Jun Yong accepted Christ right about now. Anyway, as is customary, we slept very late (or technically, very early) and despite my original intentions of sleeping early, I ended up sleeping at 0430 hrs liddat. Had quite a good time with friends who stayed up, even though I dunno why but my group the three younger guys slept early. By right should have been me.

Last day: Had some more games in the morning, went to Fushan to play. I did something really stupid, and got a bruise for my troubles. Anyway, it was kinda fun, though the Milo Coffee Whipped Cream concoction smelled rather vile... Went back and had lunch and worship and finally went home after a few last pictures.

Now today, in themorning, I had to wake up real early, cos had to go to Sentosa for the ITI family day... still quite stoned out. But got to play beach volleyball with some of the guys, and managed to get a sunburn. And then had worship prac for service. And that's why I need to go sleep real soon cos I'm playing tmr.

Cheerio

No comments: