Friday, November 14, 2008

つ.か.れ.た.

Today was a rather... off day, to put it mildly. And it also puts a pun on the word. Whoopee.

It was supposed to be an off day, but duty called, and I had to go and do some work at the Barclays' Singapore Open. Not that I had to meet anyone, or had any appointments, but I was looking forward to chilling out for a bit.

So I reached office first, and made a call to some guy that I was supposed to call today, however, things didn't work out, so I didn't really get to talk to him. So scratch one objective for the work day.

Then I went down to Serapong to try and get another guy I was supposed to talk to. While there, I was assigned some more work to do, and then the guy I was supposed to talk to was unable to help me find what I wanted today, so we agreed that I would come back tomorrow.

And then, I went back to office, to return a pass I borrowed. Where I was assigned to write a story on something that I had covered awhile back that I thought was to be put on hold for a while longer.

While I'm not complaining about all the work I got, it is starting to get a bit heavier. And coupled with the fact that I can't write articles very fast, plus these articles all are coming out sort of at the same time, and that I did not manage to accomplish anything that I had sacrificed my off day for, can make it somewhat depressing.

The sort of depressing that makes you wish there's a girl who would ask you "how you doing?" and listen to how your day's been, just so that you can get it out. Unfortunately, there's no girl who will ask me how I'm doing, so I have to use the blog.

Oh, and I fell down today. At the golf course, along the road or something. Bother the rain. I was walking along the road, when this golf buggy was coming along. So I (cleverly) stepped onto the green curb and took a few more steps. Then I slipped. Not like major injury or anything, but I skinned the skin on the second finger joint of my third finger of my right hand. I dislike injuries on joints, cos it's bothersome. And my left wrist feels stiff. Gah. Moral of the story: Don't walk on the green curb after it rains.

But on the train ride back home, I was thinking of some stuff that I had to do over the weekend, and I was reminded of what I wanted to use. Which is to continue giving praise to God, even if you're not exactly happy.

"I will extol the Lord at all times; his praise will always be on my lips." -Psalm 34:1

Naturally of course, verse 2 makes me feel a bit better, since I feel afflicted. And also the fact that the Bucks beat the Spurs. But that's another story.

And if you do look hard enough, you can always find the good side of whatever happens to you. In fact, you don't really have to look hard. It's just a choice. And that can make it easier for you to praise God, whatever your day is like.

Even if it's as draining as this.

Cheerio.

No comments: